Fitting surface fixing wash basin

Newbie so apologies if this has been covered loads of times before. Wish I had found this site long ago.
I want to fit a surface mounting basin (Tilly oval one) on a 3mm thick work surface which is immediately on top of a 1.5cm thick unit.
Do I simply fit the waste to the basin and make a clearance hole for the waste and its fittings to go through. If I then silicon the basin to the worktop will this be sufficient or is there something else I should do to hold it in place.
TIA for any help.
On Tue, 29 Jan 2008 15:54:36 +0000, Invisible Man wrote:

This isn't a site. It's usenet. Google that for a definition

Ok so far.

Yup. Should be.

Not unless it also has clamps underneath (unlikely).

Aardvark wrote:

If I was awake I would have referred to it as a NG