Fitting replacement kitchen mixer tap

I'm about to fit one of these and I note that the *tails* on the existing unit have been solder-jointed in place. I assume heating the joints will enable me to remove the old one but any tips on soldering in the new unit ....or would it be best to avoid solder altogether and fit compression joints? Any pitfalls to avoid or any advice please.....apart from getting out the dinghy! Regards Patrick.
"Patrick E. King" wrote:

Unless you are confident at soldering it would be safer to fit compression joints. Can you cut through the two 15mm copper pipes below the point at which they are soldered to the existing tails, remove the tap, tails and stubs of 15mm pipe, then extend the two 15mm copper pipes so that they reach the tails on the new tap?
"Phil Anthropist" wrote:

If you go down this route you could add isolator valves to make future work easier.

Regards JD