Fitting Loft Ladders

Is this a job for a professional or are they easy to fix? And where is the best place to buy ?- preferably the type with a partial handrail that slides into the loft when not in use. The existing loft opening seems a quite generous size so dont expect it needs enlarging.
Thanks
Alan

Very easy to fit, providing the opening is adequate. I fitted two of these recently, mine and the inlaws. I bought them from B & Q and they were around 50 if I remember correctly. This ladder has a spring loaded arm to help stowing away but you can get cheaper ones without.
http://www.abru.co.uk/ladders/arrow-aluminium-3-section
HTH
John
I bought one form B & Q and if fitted no bother, just a couple of screws at the top to hold the bracket in position.

slides