fitting joists

I need to raise the floor for a garage conversion, what is the best way of laying the joists? The walls are blockwork, is it possible to get face fitting joist hangers, the joist size is 50x175 or will I need to knock out the morter and put in standard joist hangers. Thanks in advance for any advice.

Reply to
staffo

Joist hangers can all be face-fitting. They're straight when you get them and you bend them to fit whatever you're fixing them to. Or not bend, as the case may be. A handful of two-and-a-half inch masonry nails should hold each one sufficiently or screws and rawplugs that size. As long as the blockwork isn't 'Thermalite' you'll be ok.

Reply to
Aardvark