Fitting a towel radiator

This is the most useful newsgroup ever!
I've a new towel radator I want to fit in place of an existing rad.
The towel rail is a little narrower but no probs, I can sort that. But I've never fitted one of these before and have a couple of questions...
Do I need to fit the valves either side of the rad?
There are just two threaded (15mm) holes at each end of the rad. I presume the top needs a vent and a plug. Do they seal themselves as I screw them in, do I need sealant?
Likewise at the bootom, do they 'sea' themselves, I' hoping they taper, if you know what I mean.
If the valves nned fitting, is there something I can get which is in effect a female-to-female connector/adapter?
Are there any how-to's anyones found online?
Sorry for so many questions, I'm sure that, like so many things, it's pretty straightforward once I've sussed it.
Cheers
FWIW, I would fit an electric element to the rad whilst you are doing it.
I have one in mine which is on a timer and comes on twice a day. The problem with Tower radiators off the CH system is that they do not run in the summer. The small heater in it (300w) on for 45 mins. is enough to dry/warm towels in the summer.
--
brian

For a "normal" central heating system then yes. You need in line valves if the pipes come up from below. Something like http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?id 841&tsV149 should do.

The rads usually come with the vent and plug and with the washers required to seal them. If there are no washers then use PTFE tape around the threads of the plug and vent.

No. You will need PTFE to make the joints waterproof.
Adam