Fitting a kitchen part 4

Hi guys, kitchen progressing pretty good, thanks to you all.
The units are from MFI and are farmhouse style. The carcass is standard for all cupboards I guess, and I have fitted three in line, all looking good. I have 2 end panels supplied, farmhouse style, that would screw to both ends of the row of units
The problem is their height. I expected the heihgt ro be the same as the cupboads so the work surface would fit over it.
However they are both the height of the cupboards , plus the thickness of the worksurface.
Is it a case of sawing and planing them to fit ?

very forgiving if you take a bit of care.

Thanks so much for the quick advice, if it was not for this group I would have given up by now, but at the moment I am pretty pleased with it all

loads of fluid around to do it, it is worth painting the open cut on the panel bottoms to waterproof them a bit.