Fitting a kitchen - part 2

Many thanks for the advice regarding fitting the base or wall units first.

However I was a bit ahead of myself there and still have a bit of work to do first. One bit is to replace the radiator. When it was fitted it was a little to long and stuck out slightly into the door frame. Went to B&Q and picked out a radiator, perfect size but it said not to be used on a direct central heating systems. So I lifted this heavy radiator back onto the high shelf and made my way home- not a happy chappy I have a sealed central heating system (No tanks) using Worchester Bosch Highflow 400 boiler. Is this a direct heating system, and if so do I need a particular type of radiator.

Many thanks

Dave

Reply to
Dave

The 'direct' refers to heating the hot tap water. These would be very old systems now, in which the water in the boiler and radiators is the same as comes out the hot tap. Any vented system installed in the last 40 years is going to be an indirect system (water in boiler and radiators cannot mix with hot tap water). If you were to use any modern steel radiator on a direct system, it would rust through in no time at all, not to mention making the hot tap water rusty.

If you have a sealed system, it can't possibly be direct.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

You are the second person to post about that B&Q label.

The original post is in here somewhere, but the conclusion was that B&Q employ the braindead to write their instructions.

Reply to
EricP

Many thanks for the help again. I have this starnge feeling that the saga of Dave fitting his kitchen may run into many "parts"

Dave

Reply to
Dave