Fitted Kitchen

Hi I am after someone to give me some advice/fitted/price about my fitted Kitchen. I have had a designer to draw up plans and I have ordered the kitchen from Howden. Howden gave me a few fitters to phone up. I phoned them up and they made an appointment. The two fitters never came around. Is this common. The kitchen needs the usual tradesmen ( spark, plumber, and a joiner to hide a pipe etc) that's not special, must be some rich fitters in Liverpool. I will have to start to ask around. I don't want to go to the local rag, because you don't know who/what you get. Word of mouth is the best way to get good tradesmen

any advice would be appreciated

cheers Joey

Reply to
JoeyB

Yes. Not just for Howdes but for all trades.

The kitchen needs the usual tradesmen ( spark, plumber, and a joiner

Make sure that the sparkie offers a part p certificate and be clear that you want one supplied upon completion. Also take notes of any quotes from everyone. Letterheads with only mobile nos may be ok but should have a landline no if possible and a proper address.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Thankfully yes. I get a lot of work by adopting a completely radical marketing policy, unheard of in the building trade.

I call people back, turn up to give an estimate when I say I will, call if I'm going to be late, give honest advice, turn up on time to do the job & stick to the price quoted.

I appear to be the only person in my area doing this, which might explain why I'm always booked up for weeks ahead.

Not rocket science.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

skype:kitchenmanuk?add

Hi Dave,

Your policy works for me in the Southend area of Essex, as you suggest there ain't a lot of us around.

Reply to
kitchenman

certainly not. I prefer them to say "no thanks" then I move on.I can not stand no one turning up though. They don't tell you straight, Christ I am a big boy and I always say honesty is the best policy. Now I will recommend the gang who have turned up and are now doing he job. My sister is going to have here kitchen renewed and I will tell her a good fitter and its the gang who are fitting mine. there name will be in my appointment book. BTW they have arrange everything, (plaster, spark, plumber, tilers). good names are recommended not in the yellow pagers

Reply to
STEPHEN