Fire proof sheets

I'm looking for a substitute for the asbestos 4 mm sheets that presently are on the ceiling of my garage. The only product people can suggest is multiboard, which is 6 mm thick and comes in 8 foot x 4 foot sheet. I only need a 75 cm x 40 cm sheet!

Anyone got any suggestions?

Nigel.

Reply to
Wallace

That's a very small garage!

Reply to
Bruce

Must be one of these modern houses where they make the garages too small to fit a car in.

I've used fireproof sheets for lining oven and heater enclosures in my motorhomes, can't recall what it's called now... something -lite i think but may be wrong, it's a white board, heavy and dammaged very very very easily, hence i always ask for a broken board, it's the stuf they put behind aga's, and fire places apparantly.

Think it was about 35 quid for a full sheet, but i paid about a fiver for a sheet with one corner broken,

Reply to
Gazz

Perlite and Vermiculite !

Don.

Reply to
Don Spumey

I think the stuff you're talking about is 'Superlux'. Used quite a lot in fire-protection of beams and girders in buildings.

Reply to
Aardvark