Fire hazard from mobile phone charger

I read just recently that a house fire had started from a mobile phone charger being left on. Does anyone know about the risks and whether it applies to other similar chargers/transformers eg cordless telephone power supply units??
AJH wrote:

built in some protection to prevent fires
--
Kevin R
Reply address works