I read just recently that a house fire had started from a mobile phone
charger being left on.
Does anyone know about the risks and whether it applies to other
similar chargers/transformers eg cordless telephone power supply
Might not be the charger - could have been a defective battery being charged
so the charger wouldn't be able to do anything about it, even if it had been
well designed with thermal protection.
We're not just talking cheap unbranded batteries from questionable sources -
even the popular manufacturers can have problems. See following relating to
I don't think you should lie awake worrying about it - but it's sensible to
keep things being charged away from flammable materials.
HomeOwnersHub.com is a website for homeowners and building and maintenance pros. It is not affiliated with any of the manufacturers or service providers discussed here.
All logos and trade names are the property of their respective owners.