Finding a Good Pro

How do you guys go about finding a good pro to help with your projects around the house/office?

-- FastenFinder.com (coming soon!)

Reply to
jaymelone

Personal recommendation from friend, or by watching them at work somewhere else first.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Ah! In a DIY group you have to do it yourself. Otherwise you are shot at dawn.

Rob Graham

Reply to
Rob Graham

For the garage conversion, I've needed just three pros (builder, plasterer & sparky), and I found all of them via

John Whitworth

A recommedation from a pro that you trust and have used before is also good.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

Ought to add here, that in each instance, I did ask friends & relatives for recommendations, and either received none, or didn't like the price or person when they arrived.

JW

Reply to
John Whitworth

See if your local council trading standards have a 'Fair Trader' or similar scheme. This is our local one, of which I'm a member and its not a rubber stamp job.

The Medway Handyman