Filling hole in wall

A long story,but I have ended up with a hole 3' wide 2" deep 3" across in a breeze block partition wall.(hole had to be cut some years ago to allow bigger bath to be installed)Can anyone please suggest to me the best method for filling this hole.My fear is that I do it with layers of plaster it may not be suitable .

I would probably fill it with mortar, plus any suitable sized masonary rubble you have to hand, to within a few mm of the surface. That might restore some of the lost strength too, which plaster won't. (You could even get a few bricks and break them into pieces to use.) Then plaster the last few mm.
--
Andrew Gabriel

I had the same problem after a bathroom refit. All I did was 'make good' with a normal mortar mix & them skim with an 'all purpose' plaster.