ferroli combi pressure problem

Ferroli Optima. Decided to check combi yesterday for water level. Pressure was down below 2. Opened filler & let pressure rise to 2.5.
This morning turned on hot water but got none, checked pressure again & it was down almost to zero, filled again & noticed overflow/safety release valve was running outside & trickled away until pressure was almost zero again.
Anyone who knows what my problem could be, everything was ok until I topped up yesterday.

Look at
http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/SealedCH.html
look for pressure valve and expansion vessel
but why did you fill to 2.5 bar. 1 to 1.5 bar is the norm on a combi system.
Adam
2.5 are to much. 1 am ok. 1.5 should be maxemum.