Fence Posts

I'm about to put 5 or 6 metal fence stakes in my garden. I have some quick set concrete which I'm told I just need to pour some of the mix in the dug hole and then add water and it will set in about 10 minutes. A couple of things are bugging me though. Firstly, when I add the water will it just disappear into the soil? Secondly, will the concrete actually adhere to the soil so the stake will be solid?

Cheers.

Si

Reply to
Si

Everything will be fine, poor a bit of water in the hole half fill with redimix tap down with a stick of wood to remove air add more water fill to top with redimix tap down again more water smooth off

-- Vass

Reply to
Vass

Seconded ... I used this stuff to put in our rotary washing line. All went fine. I had the same doubts, but they were unfounded.

JW

Reply to
John Whitworth

thirded, ditto for me, had concerns (used 2 bags for the hell of it), still upright and standing.

If you're go>>

Reply to
mp

I have a fairly narrow spade that I was going to dig the hole with but hiring that auger thing is something I will consider. Thanks for your help and advice.

Si

Reply to
Si