Fence Posts

I'm about to put 5 or 6 metal fence stakes in my garden. I have some quick set concrete which I'm told I just need to pour some of the mix in the dug hole and then add water and it will set in about 10 minutes. A couple of things are bugging me though. Firstly, when I add the water will it just disappear into the soil? Secondly, will the concrete actually adhere to the soil so the stake will be solid?
Cheers.
Si
--
I\'d rather have a bottle in front of me then a frontal lobotomy.

Everything will be fine, poor a bit of water in the hole half fill with redimix tap down with a stick of wood to remove air add more water fill to top with redimix tap down again more water smooth off -- Vass
Vass wrote:

Seconded ... I used this stuff to put in our rotary washing line. All went fine. I had the same doubts, but they were unfounded.
JW
thirded, ditto for me, had concerns (used 2 bags for the hell of it), still upright and standing.
If you're going to make new holes it might be worth hiring an auger hole makes from jewsons, looks like a corkscrew and makes nice round, neat holes.

I have a fairly narrow spade that I was going to dig the hole with but hiring that auger thing is something I will consider. Thanks for your help and advice.
Si