FA - BROWN UPVC BAY WINDOW (leaded)

Hello All,
I have the following for auction on e.bay (see link below)
Brown upvc wood grain effect double glazed window. This was removed today 07.11.07 as part of an extension rebuild. The window is just over a year old and has 30mm thick diamond pattern leaded glazing. All the fixtures are will it beading/fillers etc. The starting price is 100 (the glass alone is worth more than that) the window cost over 1400 without installation costs originally. Please take a look
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item 0190277944&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih1
Thanks in advance Regards Dave

Snip
E Bay Usenet Policy
eBay users may not post on Usenet groups (Internet newsgroups) to advertise eBay or an eBay listing that is inappropriate or violates the Usenet board policy. If Usenet abuse is reported to eBay, we may among other remedies remove the listing, issue a warning, or suspend the user's eBay account.
Please note that eBay can only take action in cases where it's clear it was an eBay member who posted to the Usenet group inappropriately.
<snip>
"eBay users may not post on Usenet groups (Internet newsgroups) to advertise eBay or an eBay listing that is inappropriate or violates the Usenet board policy.
Hello John and All,
Many apologies but I was unaware that posting an item that is for diy purposes in a diy newsgroup was inappropriate use of the newsgroup. I am new to the newsgroup and if this violates the policy of the group I was unaware.
I apologise again Regards Dave
.. > .. ><snip> .. > .. >"eBay users may not post on Usenet groups (Internet newsgroups) to advertise .. >eBay or an eBay listing that is inappropriate or violates the Usenet board .. >policy. .. > .. >Hello John and All, .. > .. >Many apologies but I was unaware that posting an item that is for diy .. >purposes in a diy newsgroup was inappropriate use of the newsgroup. I am new .. >to the newsgroup and if this violates the policy of the group I was unaware. .. > .. >I apologise again .. >Regards .. >Dave .. >
I think the majority would agree with you :-) ........ Dave
Mike P

I see the Net Police have been recruiting again!! Get a life John.
Baz

Help!! Where have the Net Police gone???? Who is looking after us??????
Baz

Is this not a free unmoderated group?
Adam

Hello Adam,
I can't answer that question personally as it's my first time of posting to the group.
I am still at a loss though to see how posting an advert for an item which is used by 100's if not 1,000's of d.i.y enthusiasts in their homes at one time or another can be inappropriate to a d.i.y. group.
I'm maybe missing something in the usenet policy which I admit I have not read for this newsgroup. I typed diy into my newsgroups list and this group popped up. I thought ahh now there are some people who may be able to get the benefit of this bay window, hence my post.
The window is in excellent condition and whoever buys it, if anyone does, I'm sure will get a bargain compared to the price of a new one.
Regards Dave

So am I.

You will not find a charter on this group. It is free and unmoderated. Your advert seems fine. Your post had the correct header, it was not spam and not trade. I see no reason for John to be annoyed by it.
I typed diy into my newsgroups list and this group

I am sure the buyer will get a bargain.
Adam

John doesn't know what he's talking about, but he read it in a magazine somewhere so thinks he does.
"Dave" wrote:

What John was referring to is eBay policy, not Usenet policy. Apparently eBay doesn't approve of posting adverts on newsgroups that have been posted on eBay. I suppose it is because one of us could contact you direct having seen your advert in this newsgroup, and buy your bay window directly from you, so cutting out eBay/PayPal. Personally I have more important things to be concerned about and hope that you sell your window somehow!
<snipped>

Hello there,
Thanks for explaining that I understand what the problem was now.
Regards Dave

I read it that eBay policy does not approve of "inappropriate" adverts and is not a blanket ban.
You can contact the seller for any eBay item to try to buy outside eBay. Against their rules but you can do it.
Adam

Actually, it's because ebay cares about its image, and it realises that if even just a tiny proportion of ebay items were posted to usenet groups, the groups would be destroyed by the volume of them, which would in turn reflect badly on ebay.
--
Andrew Gabriel

Utter Garbage