Exterior paint

Anyone got any recommendations for a good exterior gloss paint? I normally use Dulux, but it seems to need re-doing every two or three years - and yes, I do rub it down well and use a good undercoat.

There used to be something called Ranch paint, for which the manufacturers made some pretty good claims about longevity, etc. Is it - or anything similar, still available?

Reply to
Farmer Giles

I think 'Ranch paint' is one of International Paints specials:

Cic.

Reply to
Cicero

Yep, I've used it in the past and found it very long lasting, it is microporous which I think is one of the factors for longevity but works best when used without undercoat.

Last time I looked it had become more difficult to get hold of and had been replaced in the sheds by International 10 year Exterior Gloss which is also microporous. The finish is far more glossy than the Ranch paint which had a bit more of a soft sheen which I liked.

After viewing the International site I got the impression that Ranch paint would be longer lasting than the 10 year gloss.

Reply to
fred