extension cost estimate?

how long is a piece of string ? I know costs are influenced by location, size, age etc. but what kind of indicated can you give to the following?

1970's house brick built on south coast, extension going on the side, the full depth (approx 30 feet front to back) extension comes out 8 feet, no windows on the galbe end, ground floor extends Kitchen, upstairs extends 2 bedrooms Roof continues its line accross extension. (concrete tiles) All planning permission comlpeted already

can anyone give an estimate to +/- £ 8k ?

Reply to
Vass

We are in the process of having an extension built on our house at the moment. Single storey over the garage to make long bedroom and en suite, and a sun room to the rear, ground floor only, extending the current utility to make into a bigger kitchen. My first estimate was £31000, second an outrageous £71,000 and the third which is to first fix only at a very decent £17500. This means that I have to sort out the plumbing and electrics, plastering, floors ceilings etc, but I've done a self build before so I'm quite looking forward to it. I think the point is to shop around and don't accept any quote. Try and get someone that is recommended. The quality of the work by the two guys that are working here is superb. Hope you succeed.....Eric :-)

Reply to
Eric n Tina