Experience of shower pumps?

We are about to venture into a new bathroom and will likely use a Mira Element BIV shower assembly. However we would like this to be a power shower.
Has anyone out there got experience of shower pumps - makes, quality, reliability? Our supplier uses Salamander but after a quick Google these seem to be at the lower end of the price range compared with Stuart Taylor (Turner?) or Grundfoss.
Any useful comments welcomed..
--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
Woody wrote:

Stuart Turner have been making pumps since they put the first one in bilges of Noah's Ark. You won't go far wrong with one of theirs. Mine has been perfect since installation in 1985!
Bob

I have a Salamander. Pros. Works well, provides 3 bar to all hot taps (it is a whole house pump). Negs. This is our second pump, you can hear the pump throughout the house.
Brian

I have a NewTeam Jetforce pump. It's at least 10 years old, and I suspect it's 20 years old. Still working fine. Current models aren't cheap though.
--
Andrew Gabriel
Woody wrote:

When I completed replaced my bathroom just over a year ago I took the opportunity to replace our old conventional boiler with a Worcester Bosch condensing combi. This allowed me to remove the airing cupboard from the bathroom and replace it with an offset quadrant shower cubicle. I was also able, of course, to remove the water tanks and central heating tank from the loft, giving more room up there.
I did have some concerns about installing a combi - but 14 months later both my wife and I are satisfied that it was one of the best home maintenance decisions we have ever made.
Gas bills have gone down significantly, the central heating works far better because the boiler is not trying to heat up a tank-full of water at the same time, there is plenty of pressure for the new shower cubicle - and its quiet as well!
During the summer, of course, the only time the boiler fires up is when a hot tap is turned on. With a conventional system, of course, the boiler is on a couple of times a day to heat up a full tank of water - most of which will not be used.
If your current boiler is getting on a bit, and isn't a condensing boiler, then I would heartily recommend a new condensing combi. You wont need a shower pump then because the hot water is delivered at mains pressure.
Kev
"Ret." <xxx> wrote in message

Maybe I didn't put in my original post that we have a gas-fired Aga so we have little or no choice.
--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com
Woody wrote: