European electrics

Page 1 of 2
Just wondered where I stand with changing a plug on an electrical item from Italy? The plug looks like this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/66/Schuko_%28CEE_7-4%29_rewirable_2.jpg
Is there any issue with changing it to a UK plug? Its a coffee machine.
Thanks
James
Just wondered where I stand with changing a plug on an electrical item from Italy? The plug looks like this:
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/66/Schuko_%28CEE_7-4%29_rewirable_2.jpg
Is there any issue with changing it to a UK plug? Its a coffee machine.
Thanks
James

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/66/Schuko_%28CEE_7-4%29_rewirable_2.jpg
Thank you for asking this question. I have just imported a vacuum cleaner from Germany (model not sold in UK) and wondered if there would be a problem changing the plug. For the moment, I am using an adapter but you have got the answer for me.
Phian

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/6/66/Schuko_%28CEE_7-4%29_rewirable_2.jpg
No issues, just swap it.
Cheers
--
Adam

Why does he need five plugs ? :-)))
--
Martin

Oops - make that 7.... :-))
On 10/01/2011 19:24, Martin wrote:

I have 11 (4 more from Woody).
James,
I'd stick a UK plug on it and expect no problems. Must be a posh machine to be worth bringing over!
Andy

You should make an offer for one of those provided under PFI for the new now-defunct Regional Fire Control Centres. They cost a cool 6000 apiece!!!
--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Bloody message is still sat in my outbox!

This is typical behaviour in OE when the Sent Items folder is full ie. close to 2GB which is the limit in OE.
To get round this, create a few temporary Sent Items (1), (2), (3) folders and spread all the sent items that you want to keep between them. Then exit OE and delete the original "Sent Items.dbx" file (search for it on C: after enabling 'search system areas'.
OE will create a new one when you next open it.
While looking in the folder that the .dbx files are stored in, check for any files over 1GB and maybe think about splitting the folders that those files relate to.
--
fred
FIVE TV's superbright logo - not the DOG's, it's bollocks

This is so weird. I'm also on Virgin (ex NTL) and my msg was still in Outbox after it arrived in the group. It was also in my Sent box - which otherwise is empty.
Surely there's another explanation...?
--
Martin

Thanks guys! I must say I did feel a bit embarrassed about asking a plug question in here.... should have sent my wife in to do it for me

[...]

None.