European electrics

Just wondered where I stand with changing a plug on an electrical item from Italy? The plug looks like this:

Is there any issue with changing it to a UK plug? Its a coffee machine.

Thanks

James

Reply to
James

Just wondered where I stand with changing a plug on an electrical item from Italy? The plug looks like this:

Is there any issue with changing it to a UK plug? Its a coffee machine.

Thanks

James

Reply to
James

No issues, just swap it.

Cheers

Reply to
ARWadsworth

No issues, just swap it.

Cheers

Reply to
ARWadsworth

No issues, just swap it.

Cheers

Reply to
ARWadsworth

No issues, just swap it.

Cheers

Reply to
ARWadsworth

No issues, just swap it.

Cheers

Reply to
ARWadsworth

No issues, just swap it.

Cheers

Reply to
ARWadsworth

No issues, just swap it.

Cheers

Reply to
ARWadsworth

None.

Reply to
Woody

None.

Reply to
Woody

None.

Reply to
Woody

None.

Reply to
Woody

In article , James writes

If it's newer than 8 years old then it will definitely be ok. European power was harmonized in 2003 and everything electrical sold in Europe since then has to cope with the 220-240Vac nominal available across the continent. Officially the nominal voltage is now 230Vac 50Hz with broader tolerances to cover the old upper & lower limits.

If it's older than 8 years then I would say that it should be ok but that the heating element which will be dissipating 20% more than it might have been designed for in Italy might have a shorter life.

No safety implications, just earth it if it already has an earth.

Reply to
fred

Shouldn't be a problem - hope there's an earth included in the flex...! Check you use the right fuse in the plug.

However, rest assured that the nationality of your m/c will not influence the flavour one iota.

It's the beans what does it - spend heaps of money on them, don't grind until you're ready to use them, always fill your m/c from the hot tap (to avoid the chlorine taste of cold-tap water) and you can't really go wrong :-)

Reply to
Martin

Why does he need five plugs ? :-)))

Reply to
Martin

Oops - make that 7.... :-))

Reply to
Martin

Thanks guys! I must say I did feel a bit embarrassed about asking a plug question in here.... should have sent my wife in to do it for me

Reply to
James

Bloody message is still sat in my outbox!

Reply to
ARWadsworth

In article , ARWadsworth writes

Sounds like you've been yappin too much:

This is typical behaviour in OE when the Sent Items folder is full ie. close to 2GB which is the limit in OE.

To get round this, create a few temporary Sent Items (1), (2), (3) folders and spread all the sent items that you want to keep between them. Then exit OE and delete the original "Sent Items.dbx" file (search for it on C: after enabling 'search system areas'.

OE will create a new one when you next open it.

While looking in the folder that the .dbx files are stored in, check for any files over 1GB and maybe think about splitting the folders that those files relate to.

Reply to
fred