Enamel bath rejuvenate

Hi
We have a nice big enamel bath that has seen better days. mostly water stains. we don't want to send it away as we have heard stories of getting the bath back in worse state then when it went away. anyone got any tricks for giving it a spruce up?
Don't want to replace it with a bendy plastic bath.
Mark

re-enamel the bath onsite. Always seem to get good results. Should be in the yellow pages... Graham