Electronic/ultrasonic Pest Repeller

Has anybody had any success with ultrasonic/electromagnet/ionising pest repellers. I need to get rid of mice and keep my tenants happy as they do not want to do anything like operate traps etc. I want to get a simple solution but wonder whether they actually work
Any comments appreciated
Graham

A few years ago Postal Delivery Persons were issued with a product called a DAZER in order to quieten dogs that were a little over eager to bite their ankles. I purchased one of these units from a firm in Bradford because I was doing a similar job at the time. It didn't work on the dogs, but I later found that it was great for when the cats came snooping around the garden. Don't honestly know if it would work on any other animal.
--
the_constructor

the_constructor wrote:

I used to have a job which involved knocking on doors in rough areas, I used to carry a heavy briefcase which I used to daze many dogs and even one householder. Best of all no batteries.
Mike
Mike wrote:

I've never tried this on mice or other rodents, I suspect a briefcase might be difficult to apply.
Humane traps? http://www.martleyelectronics.co.uk/rat_mouse_traps.htm#live_capture
Mike

That is not going to work on mice though.
Adam
"Graham Brooker" wrote:

I haven't tried one of these but whenever these ultrasonic units have been mentioned before on news groups the feedback has been negative and no one has challenged that by saying that it worked fine for them. So I am sceptical. Some of the retailers of these units offer a money back guarantee so you would have nothing to lose if it didn't work.
I doubt if they work, especially if mice are already settled there.
I think the responsible thing to do as a landlord is to get Rentokill to do the job properly rather than low budget self-help options. They will take care of things without your tenants having to empty traps in the morning!

I have recently purchased some specifically designed for fox deterrents, so far they are working well. The problem of their mess etc has transferred to the neighbours !!! They have a 60 day money back guarantee so will see what happens, but so far so good.

Graham Brooker wrote:

Hoped to deter squirrels, but so far they don't seem bothered by it.
However, my partner, whose ears are rather more acute than mine, finds it really annoying :-(
Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK
snipped-for-privacy@cdixon.me.uk