Electrics regs - attic

I am currently converting my loft. It had been done around in the early 80's. There is a lighting circuit off the upstairs circuit and a radial for the sockets. As I am changing the space layout the existing sockets and lights are in the wrong place. Am I allowed to move the sockets and lights. I probably will need to replace some of the cables but these can be taken from junction boxes where the cables enter the loft.
thanks

Presumably you need Building Regs approval for the structural changes anyway, adding in the electrical changes (i.e. "Part P") shouldn't cost anything therefore. Ask the Building Regs people how they want to handle it. However *don't* believe them when they tell you it will cost something, they're not allowed to charge extra for Part P.
--
Chris Green

I would have thought simply relocating them is outside the remit of `part P` as the attic isn`t a kitchen/bathroom or "special location".
Richard

I agree with that, I have just had a good argument the a BCO about what certificate I should issue after an integral garage was converted into a bedroom. He wanted to apply part P and I would only give a minor works certificate.
Adam