Electricity Meter

Hi Need to have my electric meter moved approx 12' from converted end of garage to other end. How much roughly? And who can do it, electrican or electricty supplier? Cheers T
It willl have to be done by the electricity supply company as anything before the meter is their resposibility. Also it has to be done live. It'll probably cost a fortune as anything they do normally does. It also depends on whether they have to lengthen the cable etc. I had to have mine moved but it was on the other side of the wall so the cable was the same length. I also managed to find someone who worked for the electricity company who did it privately so that would be worth trying.

Thanks Paul. The cable will not need changing, if anything it may be too long. Now to find someone who works for the electrical company! How much should it have cost in your cash?

It cost me 50 quid, but it was a straighforward job. Southern electricity would have charged between 250 - 300. If you can find someone whose job it is, they quite often do it on the side for a fraction of the cost, especially as it's cash in hand.

Like I'm going to pay 6 times as much to have the same guy do the same job. It's a (very small) risk I'm prepared to take.

It is not your risk but his. I have met YEB and Transco people who do the job on the side. If anything went wrong then they are liable. You have touched nothing.
Adam