Electrician

We finally had the garage conversion wired in last week. I was quoted 400 for connection, testing, and supply of 2nd fix parts, which included around 13 double sockets, 3 single sockets, and 3 or 4 switches, along with a 5-way CU with RCD.
I was promised MK sockets by the electrician. When I spoke to him a few months back, he said he always used MK, as he'd had problems with all other sockets. But when he was here last week, he said he didn't use MK, as he'd had problems with them, and that he'd put standard GET sockets everywhere. He also said they cost the same as MK. Call me sceptical, but does anyone else think this sounds a bit crap? Don't get me wrong - they all work, and they will do the job - but the original quote was for MK.
It's all done now, and I can't be arsed getting him back to change them - but I do have an outstanding feedback to leave on www.ratedpeople.com. ;-)
JW
Check with say Screwfix or somewhere re price. It may come down to whatever is on special at a wholesaler.
Re quality... - The "problem" I have with MK is variable quality, but apart from that their white accessory aesthetics "work" with some decor and their Grid range is quite extensive. - GET are however a decent brand (Schneider, Clipsal, GET, Merlin Gerin etc) and quite a few industrial sparks do prefer them - they do quite fancy lighting systems and so on.

OK - thanks - perhaps I will just leave a mainly positive feedback for him - though it won't be glowing. Having said he'd arrive between 8-9am, he eventually turned up at 10.35am!
Cheers
JW

can't be arsed to answer

No matter - I left him a 4.5/5.0 rating.
Should've asked him "What kind of problem?" I've used all sorts and they've all worked OK. Some are much easier to wire up, though. Roger

As an electrician I don/'t do domestics - too mush hassel !