Electrical Regs - Ovens - A Question

My wife and I are having a new kitchen. She would like to have two 60cm integrated electric ovens side by side.
They will be going in the same place as our existing double oven which is connected to a dedicated 40A supply.
Each of the ovens that she considering is 3.7KW (15.5A) max and therefore are in total less than the 40A.
What I'm not sure about is whether Electrical Regs will allow two ovens to be connected to the same supply.
I really don't want to have to run a second 40A supply so I would really appreciate your advice.
Thanks,
Nigel

Yes, as long as the loading is OK that's fine.

You need to make sure there's an accessible switch (as before hopefully) and make sure that the connections are sound and in an 'accessible' junction box but that's all pretty standard wiring practice.
I can't think of any special rules that would apply when you have two ovens as long as the load is OK. One thing I suppose is that it must be very clear either that the cooker switch turns off *both* ovens, or, if you have two switches, which switch is which.
--
Chris Green

You can run two cooking appliances of one switch. Loading is certainly not a problem in this case.
Adam

As Adam says, loading doesn't appear to be an issue. But I guess you have to be pretty careful if you're connecting 2 fairly hefty copper cores into each switch terminal...? (An "accessible" junction box, as suggested by Chris, of the size needed might not be an easy thing.)
--
Martin

It's not unusual to supply two ovens on one radial circuit in a commercial kitchen, better on dedicated circuits but not always easy to do if another ovens added after the kitchens up and running. the switcheing would be better on somthing with a bit more room for teminating than a domestic cooker switch. i would go for rotary isolaotors. norman....

Why would you fit rotary isolators? This is a domestic kitchen and there is no 3 phase power.
Adam