Electrical problem

I am about to board and lino my bathroom floor.
Under this floor is the wiring for the kitchen lights. 1 feed cable, 1 switch cable and 2 wires off to 2 light fittings. These are not in any kind of junction box- just sitting there in a choccie block. Very concerned about just boarding over them. Unfortunately the 2 cables coming from one direction are very short and will not reach long enough to arrange into a single junction box. Is there a way of extending these cables and housing them so that they are compliant with the regs, or at least safe?
TIA Paul
Paul Douglas wrote:

Using two (or more) junction boxes and one (or more) cable(s) linking them perhaps?
--
Sue

kind
2 junction boxes ?