Electric Shower and cable size

Hi
I currently have a broken redring shower. I think it is a 8kw model as the model is a "super 8". I need to replace but the electric cable looks to be only 4mm maximum. I have read that the electric cable for modern showers (old one is 10 years old) requires a cable of up to 16mm for 10.5kw showers. Even the 8kw on sale require a 6 or 10mm cable.
Do I have to replace the cable from the shower direct to the consumer unit???????? My neighbour has had a 10.5kw shower fitted by a plumber who used the existing cable!!!!!!
Please help.
As a guide
4.0mm cable 29 amps 6.0mm 38 amps 10mm 52 amps
All depends if it is surface / in walls /. under insulation etc.
Run it back to consumer unit ./ upgrade mcb and shower pull switch.
8.5 takes around 35/36 amps.

the
Then get it tested by that rarest of things a good Part P electrician

Nope, go via a pull switch (45kw) situated out of reach of someone standing in the shower. then back to the consumer unit.
--
Vass

years
standing
That should be 45 Amps, I think. A shower rated at 45kW would need a huge cable supply to it. :-)
You'd only use it once - as you'd fry yourself !!!!. :-0

as
on

DOH!!!
--
Vass

huge
It would be a lovely shower though Vass. :-) Expensive to run, but lovely. LOL

the
Presumably the plumber checked that the existing cable was heavy enough ???.
CG..

years
???.
Would a "Plumber" know if the cable was correct? I'd much rather trust an electrician on that one. :-)