Electic built in oven/Hob replacement

HI guys
Have brought a new electric hob and oven (600mm) to replace my father aging originals, will i be able to put the old ones out and re use the wiring ???
any info much appriaciated
Tony
On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 22:13:42 GMT, "Tony & Debs"

If you could say how the old ones are connected it would be helpful in the advice giving process.
babbled like a waterfall and said:

ok the oven wire is connected to a normal 3 pin plug, and the hob to the cooker switch on the wall, they are both about 12 years old.
Thanks
On Sat, 16 Jul 2005 23:22:07 GMT, "Tony & Debs"

Recent posts in here suggest that ovens are arriving with plugs on them and so there should be no problem there if yours comes with one or you have to fit one.
The old hob will be connected to the wall by the usual hole and tightening screw fixing. Remove the wall plate under the work surface and switch the wires over.
Obviously not only turn the wall switches off but also disconnect at the consumer unit before playing with the wires.
Check the loading on the oven & RTFM I have come across some recently that exceed 3.5KW There should be a rating plate on the casing somewhere
--
regards
dave batter
babbled like a waterfall and said: