Dyson Problem

Subject: Dyson problem Date: 26 February 2006 20:25
Our Dyson is not performing as well as it did. I have tried to clear all the passages but with no success. There may be a method of clearing the passages and if anyone knows I would be much obliged Blair
Blair wrote:

What passages?
I fixed a broken one for a neighbour and the hardest bit was working out how to get it apart - the wheels, with axles, pull off. Then it is just a few screws.
But I don't remember anything that could get blocked.
--
Sue

You do not have cats then. The DC01 hates cat hairs almost as much as I hate Dysons. Removing the baseplate with 3 screws reveals the blocked passage full of hair.
Adam
ARWadsworth wrote:

LOL, I don't even have a Dyson - I use one of the Henry type wet and dry. I was just asked to repair one once (broken wire in the mains lead, as it happens). Took me ages working up the courage to yank the wheels off to get at the screws..I had quite forgotten any baseplate.
But you are right I don't have cats. Does anyone? I rather got the idea that cats have people..
I do have otters at the bottom of the garden and a cat would not stand a chance if it got too close to an adult one. I had to take a stray to the vet's once, that had tangled with one. Nuff said.
--
Sue

Blair wrote:

Don't use an undone coathanger because there are rubber stoppers on the inside of the tubes that are just wedged and not glued and they come out easily. I found two of these, wondered what they were and then all the air started whistling in around at the connections. I couldn't get them back in again :-( But when I took dyson for a service the nice people there put them back in for me :-)
http://www.dyson.co.uk/aftersales/help.asp?article_id=1&hist=,,1,56,916 Try the dyson online help first including the maintenance section. Which is what I should have done ;-) If your machine is within the two years you can have it serviced and fixed Customer services 0870 2403795 office hours or help line 08705 275104 between 7am and 10pm seven days a week :-) or 01666 827200 But if it is over two years you can pay 55 for a service, when I had mine serviced they also included a new wand , fixed the cord winding mechanism, upgraded the turbo brush and changed all the filters.
Vj

If Dyson's are rubbish, what other vacuum cleaners would posters reccommend...? -- the_constructor
the_constructor wrote:

I don't find it matters much. Basic maintenance and an awareness of how something works usually keeps it performing satisfactorily. As such, I don't mind if it's a Dyson or Hoover or Panasonic or Vax (okay, maybe not a Vax:)) Cheers Gilbert

again. I used the powerful garden blower to blow through all channels. Wife is very happy again Blair
message

Sebo - by a mile....
--
Martin

[Remove barrier to reply]
On Mon, 27 Feb 2006 11:27:49 -0000, "the_constructor"

Henry! (Or any other Numatic)

Like George, wet and dry.
Blair wrote:

me at rodmac at gmail dot com and I will send it to you.

Thanks for the offer but my machine does not have a number it is called dual cylinder only. In any case by using my powerful garden blower I have cleared all the passages and everything is back to normal Thanks Blair

Bin it and buy a henry.
sponix
Our Dyson works well, would not change it. Also have a marvellous machine called a Filter Queen, there is nothing could beat it but it was bought in a very rash moment of weakness as it is just a crazy price. Check the rubber one way valve at the bottom, maybe it is distorted or partly blocked.

I am pleased to report that I used my garden blower to blow through all passages and it is now Woking well again Blair