Drylining fixing

Hi I am interior drylineing useing xtratherm thermal liner, onto a stone walled house. I have rendered with waterproof additive onto the stone, now I need to attach the board, I have seen expanding foam products which are claimed to stop expanding when board is attached, which would seem easyier to use than the normal dab technique. Any experience with foam system, which would seem best? Cheers Rog