Drinking water from hot tap

When we had the old back boiler it wasn't wise to drink water from the hot water tap (ie from the copper tank).
Now we have a new combi boiler, I was wondering if it's OK to drink water straight from the hot water taps as the hot water comes, effectively, direct from the mains.
I find that the temperature of the water from the hot water tap is just about right for a quick cup of instant coffee!
TIA.
--
Peter J.

Peter J. wrote:

Absolutely. With a combi the water that comes out of your hot tap is simply heated water straight from the mains - and as fresh and drinkable as water from the cold tap.
With a conventional system the hot water has been stored in a tank in the loft and then gravity fed down to the hot water cylinder. When I replaced my old system with a combi two years ago, I removed all the tanks and piping from the loft. The inside of the storage tanks (there were two plastic tanks linked together) were grotty, with half an inch of sludge on the bottom... Not what you would want to be drinking from!
--
Kev

All adds to the flavour of the 'cuppa' ;-)
Gio
Virus Database (VPS): 101223-0, 23/12/2010

The old days were the best; yer could not beat a bit of lead in the pencil.
Mr Pounder

responding to http://www.homeownershub.com/diy/Drinking-water-from-hot-tap-23640-.htm lisastar wrote: Great thread, I am trying to find different methods for hot water delivery through out my house even the older methods are still great!
http://diymortgagefreehousebuilder.com /