dried grout on bathroom tiles

Anyone got an easy way to remove dried grout off of bathroom wall tiles.
Thanks
Gary

snipped-for-privacy@garyhosking.wanadoo.co.uk wrote:

A thing called a Tough Scourer (I think). Made by Spontex its a stainless steel 'Brillo Pad' type of thing without the soap. Thicker and flatter cross section of 'wire' than a Brillo Pad. http://tinyurl.com/c82dn
Unreal. They remove anything without scratching the surface.
Dave

If I may invoke the powers of scientific explanation... if the glaze of the tiles has a hardness which is higher than that of the steel pad's wires, then the pad won't scratch the tiles. See for http://www.gwydir.demon.co.uk/jo/minerals/hardness.htm for more on this concept.