Drains

Hi Folks. My daughter has a drain pipe from a small balcony to either soak away or main drain. The water don't drain I have put rods down and found bottom. When it rains the water overflows the small gully and ends up running down the wall. I want tap into the pipe and run off the water to a butt. The only way I can see to get to the pipe is to remove bricks, then tap into the pipe, I expect it will be cast iron. Any ideas on how I should go about this? Joe

I have found a stiff hose pipe makes a good drain rod for a rainwater runaway. It will go round the corners, and a good jet from the end combined with thumping it is quite good at disloging blockages.
--
Andrew Gabriel
writes:

It could be that the iron pipe has broken up so I don't think the hose would be much good, but thanks anyway. Joe