Drainage in a re-modelled bathroom

I'm considering having my old system boiler replaced with a combi. This would give me the ability to remove the cylinder/airing-cupboard in the bathroom and provide extra room for a walk-in shower. The main soil pipe of the house passes through a boxed-in section in the bathroom and the drain from the existing sink and bath is tapped into this. The existing sink is next to the bath and the drain from the sink passes through the bath side panel and runs behind the side-panel (but above floor level) where it is joined by the bath drain before joining the main soil pipe. There is just a very short (6") length of the sink drain visible where it leaves the sink vanity unit and runs across the wall before reaching the bath panel. If I re-arrange the position of the bath, and sink and add a separate shower on the other side of the room, what is the normal way of dealing with the new drains? Would they run in a boxed-in section around the base of the walls?
Kev
Uno-Hoo! wrote:

I've often seen this but it can look as utidy as the pipe though if there are several pipes to hide it's worth considering.
The pipe from my loo runs 3 ft behind the sink pedastal and then through the bath panel and out to the soil pipe outside. I decided boxing it in would actually look worse than a plain black pipe.
Mike

Yes - I'm anxious that a re-modelled bathroom should look tidy and not have uncovered pipes or boxed in sections. I don't know what the answer is other than creating a false raised floor to the whole bathroom! I couldn't put the pipe work under the existing floor because the holes I would have to cut in the floor joists for the pipes to go through would seriously weaking the joists - and close to bath that would not be a good idea!
Kev
Uno-Hoo! wrote:

You could consider getting two or three local companies in to give a quote. It may be cheaper than you think and so you may decide to leave it to the professionals. Or it may, at least, give you ideas on how it could be done - ideas that you may not have even considered or realised possible.
It is possible to arrange engineered solutions using splints for joists so that they are not compromised by even large holes, it is possible to use small bore connections, even to a loo, etc, etc. It is possible to take pipework via fitted furniture - such as a baby changing station..
It won't cost you anything to get some quotes..
--
Sue