Downstairs Toilet

I am thinking of installing a downstairs toilet to a spare space at the back of the house. Before i get someone in, and they tell me i need all kinds of plumbing done, which i may not need, could someone tell me the pitfalls of doing this, in regards to the waste disposal from it? The soil pipe from the upstairs loo is at the side of the house, but, as its an Edwardian house that didnt have any inside toilet when it was built i DO have the remnants of the outside one to use, perhaps In other words, is it a pain to get this done?
T-L
Tamale-Loco wrote:

How long is a piece of string? Can you figure out a route for a soil pipe from the planned spot for the loo to the existing sewer, at the right depth, with the right fall and meeting all the other rules that apply? Is the route going to be easy to excavate (eg can a mini jcb get access)? How thick is the wall that needs to be pierced (eg no chimney breast at the point)?
It can be a fairly major undertaking, with far more excavation needed that you might think..
It may be worth chatting to your local building control people and seeing if one will come and advise how they would prefer the job to be done.
--
Sue