downlighter replacement bulb

hi,I have just moved into a place and one of the kitchen downlighter bulbs has blown,I cannot see how to replace it other than removing the big spring holding the whole thing in the attic only thing I can read on the back is click GZ015 can anyone advise.

thanks Gill

Reply to
schipp

There are two possibilities (well, two *likely* possibilities), the bulbs may be low voltage or mains, they will look similar in both cases.

If they are low voltage (i.e. 12 volts) then they just pull straight out, you'll need a suction cup type extractor if you don't want to take the whole thing apart.

If they are mains then it's twist and pull like an ordinary bayonet bulb but often a harder twist, a suction type extractor may help but you may get away with just using your fingers.

Reply to
tinnews

I take it they are similar to this :

The bulb could be held in by small spring clips that you can pull away from the bulb allwing the bulb to be removed, but as the previous poster said you might need a small suction cap to pull the bulb out once you moved the clips. You can get them from most diy shops B&Q etc. I have managed to flick the bulbs out with a small plyers and screwdriver in the past but i wouldnt advise it if.

Reply to
systemtek