dodgy plumber

Can someone answer this please.
We are in the middle of having a bathroom update which includes a move in position of the bath and basin. Where the bath is now, the old supply pipes for the basin have been utilised. The plumber has fastened on what appear to be metal-cased flexible tube-piping to the original copper pipes, which then fasten onto the taps on the bath.
We have had an alternate plumber here today to do some work on a radiator and he expressed an interest in finishing the job off after i told him how shoddy and slack the original plumber is being. (not turning up, no phone call etc) He looked at the plumbing in of the bath and said that its' okay to use this flexi tubing stuff, but each supply pipe should have an isolation valve so we can isolate the supply to the bath completely. He said that this is part of the regs for plumbing in of a bath. Is this correct or is this new plumber just trying to make me more peed off at the original one and increase his chances of being asked to finish the job?
Thanks,
Scoob

I suspect the second plumber is correct. All the new-build properties I work in seem to have isolators on all the taps and cisterns. (I am an amateur, a professional might differ and it could also depend on different regional water authority regulations).In addition, I too have used these flexipipes on a bungalow that I refurbed, quite handy and more convenient to use than trying to run copper straight to the taps. You can even buy these with built-in isolators.
Ian

in
radiator
how
phone
is
one
I believe the isolators are just for convenience. If the bath has a mixer tap then you would need non return valves to meet the regs.
Adam