DIY Window fit - how do you avoid probs when selling

Silly query realy, if you replaced a DG window in your own house and did it DIY but didn`t inform the Building Control people, how would they prove it wasn`t done before 01/01/02?.
Silly query, but worth asking whilst waying up the costs, especially considering the quotes from `proper` companies that i`ve been getting.
Richard
On Sun, 23 Apr 2006 19:48:36 +0100, "Richard"

The aluminium frame has the date of manufacture stamped into it

I've found DIY on windows isn't much cheaper than getting a firm in plus you get a guarantee. At least until the firm goes bust.

it
Yep, that's true, but as a double glazing installer informed me, the date is easily removed with a little bit of household cream cleaner. -- the_constructor

On mine, it's written on the inside of the sealed unit separator. It's February 2002, reflecting my urge to get it done before the nanny state stuck its nose in, and bump up the cost by 1000.
--
Andrew Gabriel

2006? No mate that's the replacement glass for one we broke.
--
fred
Plusnet - I hope you like vanilla

From between the two panes of glass stamped into aluminium? This I'd like to see.