diy referance site

are there any good basic diy reference websites out there? I need to drill on some tiles, something I have never done before and keep wondering what if the whole tile cracks off.

Any guidance on type of drill bit, screw and plug to use?

Reply to
Jay

In article , Jay writes

A good group for this sort of stuff is uk.d-i-y and it has a FAQ site at:

, although not obvious at first glance, there is a link to a contents page and then more to various tips. Here's the link for the drilling FAQ and there's a section on drilling tiles:
Even if you don't find what you want then it probably has been raised on the group before and you can search via Google groups advanced search:
, slotting uk.d-i-y into the group field.

There's also a fledgling DIY wiki at:

although the drilling page is a bit basic at the mo.

Good luck.

Reply to
fred