diy referance site

are there any good basic diy reference websites out there? I need to drill on some tiles, something I have never done before and keep wondering what if the whole tile cracks off.
Any guidance on type of drill bit, screw and plug to use?

A good group for this sort of stuff is uk.d-i-y and it has a FAQ site at: http://www.diyfaq.org.uk , although not obvious at first glance, there is a link to a contents page and then more to various tips. Here's the link for the drilling FAQ and there's a section on drilling tiles: http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/powertools/drillfaq.htm
Even if you don't find what you want then it probably has been raised on the group before and you can search via Google groups advanced search: http://groups.google.com/advanced_group_search?as_ugroup=uk.d-i-y , slotting uk.d-i-y into the group field.
There's also a fledgling DIY wiki at: http://wiki.diyfaq.org.uk/index.php?title=Special:Allpages although the drilling page is a bit basic at the mo.
Good luck.
--
fred