DIY Kitchens

I'm looking to replace our kitchen. This isn't the first time I've fitted a kitchen but I want to do it differently this time. I want it to be a place where I can cook real food rather than show off to friends or keep up with the current fashions. Hence, shelves and tables are in...fitted chipboard units are out. Any cupboards will be made of wood...real wood. The doors will have hinges...proper brass hinges with no nylon bits or little springs to fall out. I may use magnetic fasteners, though..but good quality ones.

OK, that is the general idea...the best of the old and new combined to make a useful workshop for preparing and cooking food, regardless of the current fashions.

One essential is a proper sink...stainless would be great but I'm struggling to find something suitable. I detest the current fashionable inset sinks. When inset into a Formica top with a roll off edge wet feet and a wet kitchen floor are 100% guaranteed. Most of these items seem to be rather small as well...as if they are designed to fit into tiny kitchens, which ours is not. What I'm after is a stainless sink with a proper lip around it to keep the water where it should be...within the drainer/sink area. The sort of sinks that were freely available in the 1970-1980s that sat on top of the supporting carcass with slightly overlapping edges and a well defined lip were perfect. Does anybody know where I can get such a sink? New would be preferable, but not essential. Oh..it also needs to be a double sink..

Thanks for any suggestions.

Jo

Reply to
Jo

I got mine at Plumbcentre. !500 sit on with drainer on each side..

Reply to
JimP

Thanks Jim,

Can you remember the product ID ? Price ?

Jo

Reply to
Jo

they used to be called 'lay on' or 'sit' on sinks.

that using 'lay+on+sinks'

Reply to
kitchenman