DIY forums

Help, I used to have a DIY on outlook express forums but since upgrading to Win 7 I unable to get outlook express. Any thoughts on how to get those from some other method.

thanks

Reply to
yamxs750

I'd suggest a third party product. I use Thunderbird.

It's free!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ

As Andy Champ, or you could download Windows Live Mail, which is similar to Outlook Express (but not a versatile as a Newsgroup reader).

Cash

Reply to
Cash

All newsgroups you used through Outlook Express are still out here, waiting for you. All you need is a new reader to replace Outlook Express. Thunderbird is good. It reads all of your email accounts and newsgroups as Outlook Express did. Eudora OSE is better in my opinion, but the differences are minor. Mesnews is a great newsgroup reader, but it doesn't do email. All of those are free downloads. Let us know if you need any more help.

McGyver

Reply to
McGyver

Ok I downloaded thunderbird. What do I put in for the Newserver NNTP I am using blueyonder (virgin)

Reply to
yamxs750

I think I have it sussed now.

Thanks all for your guidance.

Reply to
yamxs750

Your next move is to subscribe to uk.d-i-y, which is much more lively than here!

Andy

Reply to
Andy Champ