Dishwasher upper spray arm not turning despite water flowing

Page 2 of 3
In article

More here:
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trisodium_phosphate>
Erik

Yep. I think Spic n' Span use to be mostly TSP. I was not aware of the pollution issue, though. It was still available at Och Sply H/W stores last I looked, but the price was up by a factor of 15X. The same box I used to buy for less than a dollar now costs closer the $15!!
nb
--
vi --the root of evil

Iuse the tablets. How would I go about adding TSP to the machine and how much per dose?
Harry K

Iuse the tablets. How would I go about adding TSP to the machine and how much per dose?
I put about half a teaspoon on the liquid dishwashing soap I use and it makes a notable difference.

It works! Or at least the first dose made a big inroad in cleaning it up. I'll run an 'empty' load tonight.
Thank's again to all of ya.
Harry K
With a tablespoon. Try one spoonful per load, to start.

Iuse the tablets. How would I go about adding TSP to the machine and how much per dose?
Harry K
Harry K wrote:

Quit using the tablets; use powder.
Pour the contents of the box of diswashing powder in a large bowl, add 10-15% (by weight or volume) of TSP.
Mix well.
Return the mixture to the box.*
--
* Cut an "X" in the top of the box, pour from the bowl, via a funnel, back
into the box. Seal the "X" with duct tape.

Thanks guys - will be visiting a paint supply store tomorrow.
Harry K
Attila.Iskander wrote:

Also sold under the name of 'sugar soap' for decorating purposes in UK and possibly elsewhere.
Bob
On 11/01/2012 16:48, Bob Minchin wrote:

AFAIK sugar soap no longer contains TSP.

"Greater than 10% SODIUM SESQUICARBONATE
Ecotoxicity = Not expected to be toxic to aquatic organisms. "
that's reassuring ;>)
Jim K

Buy here (uk) ? http://www.intralabs.co.uk/trisodium-phosphate.html
ss wrote:

Seems a suspiciously small product range for a chemical distributor ...

mmm tho good to see they stock "Chemically Pure Megnesium Sulphate" whatever that is.....
and "6 Endsleigh Park Road, Plymouth" appears somewhat residential for a chemical distro.....
Jim K
Jim K wrote:

Yes, I'm sure it's just a little home sideline, but I did check their list to see if they included ammonium nitrate, potassium chlorate and various peroxides as a terrorist 'sting' site!

seem mainly to deal in Happy Mondays' "Bez style" mysterious white powders......
Jim K
So, you'd post em a couple pound, a quid or two. The blighter would off ye to the constable, who would send a couple bobbies to bag you and stuff you in a lorry. Off to the magistrate, who would put ye in for a pound, till yer barmy, mate?
Yes, I'm sure it's just a little home sideline, but I did check their list to see if they included ammonium nitrate, potassium chlorate and various peroxides as a terrorist 'sting' site!

But the limey can't spell - it's mAgnesium suphate, not mEgnesium.
On Jan 12, 3:45 am, snipped-for-privacy@snyder.on.ca wrote:

hooray! a prize to the man in the cocked hat !!!!! ;>)))
Jim K
Jim K wrote:

At least it isn't sulfate :-)