Discharge from condensing boiler

If the boiler is in perfect working condition always would you expect to ever see evidence of a discharge from the copper pipe on outside wall.

Reply to
Steve

Steve wrote in news:6GDZo.11805$MD5.11002 @newsfe23.ams2:

Yes.

Discharge could have been made at time of install or at service to test pressure relief valve (PRV)

It could have been slightly over pressurised without realising it when topping up at any time.

If there is not evidence of recent discharge i.e damp on wall or ground and is not dripping now then everything is most likely to be ok.

Heliotrope Smith

If it's the condense pipe this is *absolutely* normal. Mine is plastic ...

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Ok... Only seen evidence this year on a five year old boiler and yes I do believe it was overpressurised in the last few months after I refitted a rad. Makes hell of a mess on my nice rendered cream wall which I can't seem to get off..... why do they turn the piping so it runs down the wall. Without the bend it would drip (or flow) without hitting the wall. Of course I could paint over the stain, but would stand out on 8 month paint job.

Thanks for info

Reply to
Steve

So that if it blasts out a litre of 100degC water it will not scald anyone near to the pipe?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

The OP referred to a copper pipe, which is the pressure relief drain pipe, and not a plastic pipe which as you say is the condensate pipe.

Reply to
Trapped Wind

I said "If". Read my posting again, then STFU.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Does your condensate pipe discharge the condensate against your external wall?

Reply to
ARWadsworth

That is not the point and well you know it Sir. I at least made a suggestion and tried to be helpful. Big mouth made no suggestion.

Reply to
Mr Pounder