Disaster Strikes - Bowed Polyfoam

Well, we were about to start putting up the walls (Knauf 55mm Polyfoam linerboard) in the garage on Sunday, and just as we got to putting one up against the wall, we noticed that they had bowed outwards by about 10mm in the middle.

We have now laid it all back down on the floor, foam downwards, and put a few pieces of plasterboard in strategic positions to attempt to gently bow it back the other way. Any other suggestions as to how we can straighten this out?

Cheers

JW

Reply to
John Whitworth

Contact the supplier and/or manufacturer and get their advice, or replacement. If you continue according to your own ideas or our advice here, you might strike ongoing problems without having any recourse for a faulty product.

A L P

Reply to
A _L_ P

Yes, I think I'd better.

Thanks

John

Reply to
John Whitworth

Are you putting them against the wall dot-n-dab or cement adhesive (Keraflex)? In which case the curve might actually help if the wall is bellied anywhere (10mm sounds a lot but you may find it suits one particular spot perfectly).

If fixing to batons things are different, a few millimetres is ok but more and things start to get difficult.

Reply to
js.b1

Hi,

It was going to be dot n dab adhesive. The walls are not perfect, as they seem to lean outwards slightly toward the top.

JW

Reply to
John Whitworth