Dirty water pump question...

Hi,
Do these pumps allow you to connect a normal garden hose to the output? I need to pump water up a height of about 2 inches, but a distance of around 5 metres in length, so cheap hosepipe would be a help!
Also, what is roughly the average minimum depth they'll clear? If for instance, I put it into a flat bottomed hole, how much depth of water would be left when it can't suck any more out? Most of the pumps I'm looking at don't specify the minimum depth. Thanks in advance for your help.

I'm sure most dirty water pump have adaptors which allow you to connect to an ordinary garden hose if not it's not too hard to make the hose fit. As for more technical info I'd ring the technical help line of the product and ask them
Try
http://www.screwfix.com/prods/65041/Power-Tools/Water-Pumps-and-Hoses/Automatic-Dirty-Water-Pump-400W-240V?cm_re=SEARCHPROMO-_-DIRTY%20WATER%20PUMP-_-65041
Help Line 0500 414141 for technical questions.
Ash