Dimmers constantly stop working

Hi All

I have 10 x 50w Halogen mains dimmable lights which I would like to be able to dim when necessary.

I have had 2 different 1000w dimmer switches, which after a couple of weeks stop dimming and just operate on the push ON/OFF switching. The make of the units used is "Varilight". Max load 1000w.

In my reckoning I have 500w so a 1000w switch should cope ok.

Any help welcome

Andy

Reply to
ANDY

If you Google on this you find people complaining about the dimmer "forgetting" it's setting, and having to be constantly "reprogrammed"

Reply to
EricP

Are you absolutely sure these are dimmable lights? G.

Reply to
G Cadman

Yep. 100% sure. It seems the problem is that when one of the lamps blows when 1st switching on it knackers the switch. It is better to buy the remote/Touch dimmer which has a soft start according to the manufacturer

Andy

Reply to
ANDY