Dimmer switch

Hi guys, We have a ceiling light which uses 24 x 25W bulbs, I'd like to change the wall switch for a dimmer, is the power consumption of this light going to cause problems? Thanks. Jerry

Such dimmers are available
http://www.tlc-direct.co.uk/Products/VL1000.html
Adam
Thanks Adam. Much appreciated. Jerry

sheesh, what u need that many, power eaters. Ouch
Jerry and Ce wrote:

600W! Sheesh that's going to help global warming. Depends on the dimmer, if it says it can handle a 600 W load then it should be ok. You may find that a lot don't though.
--
Malc
You will pay for your sins. If you have already paid, please disregard

One thing to check.... are they 230v bulbs, or low voltage, via transformer(s)?
--
Martin

[Remove barrier to reply]
230V. The seller described them as 24 x 10 watt, so we were unprepared for the heat and power consumption, but my wife loves the look so it's staying. Thanks for all help. Jerry