Digital phones

I suspect this is way OT for this NG but I don't know where to go. I want to change my BT Diverse 6250 (with additional handset) for one where the extra handset does not struggle to reach the base in another room. When using this extra handset my voice breaks up - so I'm told. But the previous version of the BT Diverse worked perfectly fine.
Can someone suggest a phone that has real guts when it comes to working at a distance from the base?
Mind you, my distance is only about 50 feet and the spec says it'll reach 300m. If my walls are a problem I can't see why.
Thanks for any ideas here.
Rob Graham
Hi Rob Know what you say, had same trouble (and still do) with new Diverse & Response phones even with BT repeaters (now no longer available) range is limited indoors to 50-60 feet.
Bin'd em at home and bought Panasonic DECT set work great even in back garden.(master under front window.) a good 60 foot and 3 brick walls away.
HTH
CJ.

Thanks cj. I'm trying one of these.
Rob