Decorating a table

I plan to cover an old table with pictures cut out from glossy mags, a la Victorian screens.. I have tried PVA but the pictures all wrinkle and distort causing an unsightly mess.. Should I be using a spirit based wood varnish instead? Is there a way of preparing wood and paper to stop this happening? Any advice gratefully recieved. Thanks. Richard.

Reply to
Tulpa

Spray mountant.

Reply to
Limey Lurker

Like you'd use to mount photo's? Good idea!

Reply to
Tulpa