daylight bulbs

Wife spotted some "Daylight bulbs" in Pearsons and was very taken with the idea - £3.50 for a 60W bulb.

I am very skeptical, and suspect they've taken some ordinary bulbs and sprayed them blue.

I'm sure I've got some blue spray paint on my car shelf - could make a few bob perhaps?

Is anyone using "Daylight" electric lighting, to any good effect??

Lol

Reply to
Lol

I used to use them all the time when I worked in photo printing. It was the best constant light to grade prints (i.e. check their colour balance was correct. The idea is that the light should give off the same colour as pure daylight, so many degrees Kelvin (I've forgotten all that now).

My mum also used to has a daylight bulb in an overhead lamp for reading, when her eyesight started to deteriorate, she needed a good strong, clear crisp light.....my dad sat in the room with sunglasses :-)

Ron

Reply to
Ron O'Brien

KFC etc use special blue lamps in the toilets to stop drug users finding their veins.

Adam

Reply to
ARWadsworth

I have wondered why some toilets have those blue lights, local Morrisons store toilet has them.

Mike

Reply to
Muddymike

That is what they are. The downside is they're going to be low efficiency.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

In article , ARWadsworth writes

They have them in Glasgow Sheriff court too. I was insulted as I thought the area was reserved for jurors but it turns out it was available to the Sheriff and security guards too so there may have been a real need for the druggie lighting after all.

That said I don't think it counts truly as 'daylight' lighting.

Reply to
fred

Blues lights ... stops you finding the druggies ... has anyone told the police that's the reason they can never find them because they have their blue lights on?

Reply to
Ash